Monday 1 October 2007

The Allotment Generally


I love the idea of growing my own stuff - low food miles, organic, watching it grow etc So I decided that I would get an allotment. I put my name down, and in late april 2007 I was told I had got one - woo hoo! It was worked for the first part of last year, but had become overgrown since then.

So what now? I had some tomato plants growing, so they were the first things in to the ground. Unfortunately, not long after that, I was told that children aren't allowed on the allotment. As I have young children, including one who was with me all the time, this severely limited my opportunities to go to the allotment. Thus my excuse for why the allotment continued to be overgrown and covered in weeds.

My youngest has now started playgroup though, so I have 2 opportunities a week to go to the allotment. I must now tackle the jungle that it has become, and bring about order from the chaos. Hah!


No comments: